Thursday, December 22, 2016

2017 Quilty Resolution - and a Free Printable!

I like to get started on my New Year's Resolutions a little early. As with many people, I sometimes find that those good intentions early on in the year tend to fall behind part way through. So I choose to turn my resolutions into goals. Resolutions want to be achieved straight away, and maintained through the year. Goals are something that can be worked on all year round to reach their conclusion.

My quilty goal for next year is to re-organise, re-structure, and re-inspire my sewing. Lately, the sorry condition of my workspace has left me disheartened and less likely to find my creative spirit. This has become especially important recently, with the decision to launch BB Creations - our mother/ daughter pattern making company. As such, we need a space that is motivating and easy to work in.

With the promise of a new year, I have created a three stage plan to achieve this goal.

Stage One: Re-organise            Stage Two: Re-structure             Stage Three: Re-inspire

The plan is for me to document this process here, with hopefully more than a few handy tips for those of you with as unruly a stash as me!

Part one of reorganising is working out what I already have. To kick off this process, I have created a very basic PDF printable where I can list my quilt projects for 2017.


I had a lot of fun going through my project boxes and writing down the names of all of my WIPs and UFOs. And I mean all. The grand total came to a rather embarrassing amount. I didn't realise I had so many projects on the go! Nevertheless, I feel much more prepared to tackle the new year, knowing exactly what I have come into it with. 


Apologies for the terrible lighting. That's what happens when you get SO EXCITED and just have to do the thing... and its become night without warning. Whoops! 

If you would like a free copy of this printable, just click here to download it. I am currently practicing my Adobe PDF creating skills to improve our upcoming patterns, so you may see more than a few free printables pop-up in the next few weeks :)

Until next time!

Rebecca xx

No comments:

Post a Comment