Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Saltwater Pinwheels

After approximately two years of being on my finish along lists, I am happy to say that my Tula Pink Saltwater pinwheels quilt is finally complete! I had been dragging my feet about the quilting of it; never being able to make a decision on how I wanted to do it. Then my mother offered to test out a new design on one of my quilts, stars, and I couldn't pass up the opportunity. 


I am really happy with the result. The design reminds me of old wooden ships navigating by the stars. I've never bound a quilt with more than one fabric before, but I loved the way it contrasted with the navy and brought out some of the other colours in the quilt. I might have to consider more pierced binds in the future. 

Crossing this one off my FAL Quarter Two list. Finally. 

1 comment:

  1. Such a beautiful quilt - the softer colours are lovely and the navy binding is just perfect.
    *Visiting as a member of the official 2015 Finish-Along cheerleading squad*

    ReplyDelete