Sunday, March 8, 2015

March ALYOF Goal

Unfortunately I didn't get to complete my February goal of completing a giant granny square blanket for my mother. I did get to finish the four balls of yarn I had, and was triumphantly looking through my yarn stash to start another - when I found a further 10 balls of yarn to add to her blanket. *Sigh*. However, more yarn will solve the problem of it being a tad too small, so I can't complain. 

This month's ALYOF goal is to complete the two Iron Caddys I have been planning on making for me and mum ever since we bought these cute mini pink travel irons. 


After a long and unsuccessful hunt for 'ironing board fabric', I decided it would be easier to buy cheap ironing board covers and cut them up. So mum and I went on the hunt and found a cute pink one for her and a cute blue one for me. 


 For the outside of them both, I ended up choosing one of the fabrics I bought on my trip to Japan last June. It is a cute Hello Kitty print on decorator weight cotton, perfect for a fun yet durable travel iron caddy.

This is also on my FAL Q1 List for 2015. Linking up to SewBittersweetDesigns

No comments:

Post a Comment