Tuesday, February 3, 2015

ALYOF February

What a successful start to the year, having (just) managed to complete my January goal on time. So in the hopes of keeping the ball rolling, I have chosen to make completing my second Giant Granny Square crochet blanket, which was number 5 on my FAL Q1 list.


I made great progress on this blanket in January, with only four balls of yarn still to go. This project has become my go-to for when I just want to sit on my sofa and relax. I love crochet's flexibility, in that you can easily pick up and put down crochet at any point in your round. You never have to worry about losing your place in a pattern or dropping any stitches which commonly occurs in knitting.

Better yet, this project is all lined up to be a gift for my wonderful mum for mother's day. I can't wait to see it finished!

Linking up with #ALYOF2015 at Sew BitterSweet Designs.

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see it finished, either. Love those colors together. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I came over from the Pantone Challenge at Adrianne's site. I love the quilt you did last year---wow! Crocheting is so delightful. It's relaxing not to have too much to think about. One day I was cutting strips for a quilt whilst talking to my son on the phone. Was that a mistake! Some of my strips were the correct size, others weren't so lucky. I haven't crocheted in a long time, but last summer I bought some patterns off Etsy. I still haven't picked up a needle. I look forward to seeing you February Finish!

    ReplyDelete