Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Christmas Gifts a Plenty

It's that time of year when we find ourselves sewing non-stop to make a whole pile of handmade goods for Christmas presents. While time has been limited these past two months, I can certainly still say that I have been spending a number of hours on handmade gifts. I find it so rewarding to give handmade goods - especially to people you know will appreciate the thought and effort that has gone into them.

First up was the beach bag I made for my grandmother using my mother's design (you can expect to see a pattern available for this next year!) The one at the front is my mother's pattern sample, and the one at the back is the one sitting under the Christmas tree.


Of course that couldn't be my grandmother's only handmade Christmas gift... The snowman stitchery was a kit that I bought from a patchwork shop in New Zealand while we were over there for our family friend's wedding. 


Next were two Sew Together Bags that were made as swap gifts for my local sewing group.





Aren't they cute! Needless to say they won't be the last Sew Together Bags that I make using SewDemented's amazing pattern. After all, I had to give both of them away!

There may yet be a few more handmade gifts still on my to do list, but so far I'm pleased with my progress and can't wait for their recipients to open them!

Linking up with Porch Swing Quilt's Handmade Christmas giveaway.

3 comments:

  1. Your projects are so nice. My favorite is the hexagon bag.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the foxes on the Sew Together Bag. and I look forward to your bag pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have an e-mail address for you, so I'm just commenting to let you know you've won! Just shoot me an e-mail and I'll get you your prize! Thanks for playing along.

    ReplyDelete