Friday, November 14, 2014

October was Halloween Month

Halloween is nowhere near as big in Australia as it is in the USA, and yet this time of year always seems to bring out my desire to stitch everything Halloween related. It might have something to do with the colors of purple, lime green, orange, and black that never fail to inspire me.

I couldn't help but make this cute little soft toy bat, using the Sew Batty pattern by Melly and Me which I bought at the October Brisbane Craft and Quilt Fair.


I used fabrics in my stash that were leftover from other projects, and I think he turned out rather cute! 

Next was my new found obsession with knitting socks. I bought this yarn from my local yarn shop, Yarn Glorious Yarn, and couldn’t help thinking it looked kind of Halloween-y with its mix of purple and green. Then @NomadicYarns’s started an Instagram KAL using Cookie A’s Monkey Socks pattern and I knew it was perfect. Don’t they look cute?! They didn't turn out so bad considering they are only my second pair of hand knit socks.


These two projects were on my FAL Quarter 4 list, crossing them off with the end of October. 

No comments:

Post a Comment