Thursday, October 30, 2014

Wedding Quilt

A long time family friend of ours living in New Zealand just got married! I had the honor of going over and being her bridesmaid at the wedding. It was a beautiful wedding, and the bride was even more so. As such, it was only right that she get an epic wedding gift from myself and my parents. Enter the blue and white HST quilt, aptly named "Something Blue".


Doesn't it look amazing! It finishes at 81" x 81", using 400 HST's. I was so happy to get it done on time, although we were certainly cutting it close, only finishing it the day before we left! I pieced the top and attached the binding, and mum longarm quilted it using the design Trumpet Vine.

The bride loved it, and so did her husband. Crossing this one off my FAL Quarter 4 List in an elaborate fashion.

No comments:

Post a Comment