Thursday, June 5, 2014

WIP's and News Clips

This week has been rather productive sewing wise in between studying for exams, mum's beginners class at Patches Indooroopilly, and writing novels.

First off, mum's Mother's Day present is getting closer to completion! Yes I know that has been and gone, but it is the thought that counts ;)


I have finished the top of this ever cute Mini Swoon (pattern by Thimbleblossoms), and now just have to quilt and bind it. I've also done a lot of work on my Road 15 16-Patch quilt which I started on my first ever quilt retreat a month or so ago.


I have finished all of the 72 blocks, and now I just have to buy, cut and sew the gray sashing between the blocks. If you want to make one of these yourself, the pattern I am using is free on Moda Bakeshop. 

In other totally amazing news, my mother and I helped my Nanna with making several quilt blocks with photographs of war veterans on them. One of them was my great-grandfather, Nanna's father, and another was my other great-grandfather, my Dad's grandfather. 


See that part about Eva Williams and her daughter and grand-daughter? Yeah, I'm the grand-daughter. Isn't it neat! The quilt in the image above is being raffled off to raise money for the service charity, Defence Care.

Linking up to WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced. 

No comments:

Post a Comment