Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Quilt Retreat Fun!

My very first ever quilt retreat was a fantastic success! I had always wanted to go on one, but had never seen one in my local area. Amazingly, my quilting group decided to organize one for a long weekend of sewing bliss... and my mum and I were invited!

I tried to limit the number of projects I took to save space in the car, while taking enough to make the most of the three days of *almost* solid sewing. The three projects I took were my aqua and grey quilt from the Simply Retro book, my Road 15 16-Patch quilt (pattern from Moda Bakeshop), and my Catvent quilt. 

And here is what I accomplished:


Catvent quilt. Quilted and bound on the very first day!


16-Patch quilt. Before we went, I hadn't even started cutting out the squares for the blocks. Over the second and third days of the retreat, I managed to cut out most of the squares, and completed 41 blocks out of the total 70 blocks. I am very excited about how this quilt is turning out so far, and I can't wait to start sashing the blocks together.

I didn't get any work done on my aqua and grey quilt. Nonetheless I am very happy with the progress I have made this weekend, and am eagerly awaiting the next quilt retreat!

Linking up with WIP Wednesday.

2 comments:

  1. Your catvent quilt looks great. It's fun to see it in a red and white version. And I'm super impressed with the matching corners on your 16-patch. Matching points in the bane of my quilting existence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I attended my first retreat Feb 28 and March 1. It was bliss for sure!
    Not an overnighter, held by the quilt shop in town and held in building at the state fairgrounds.
    I hope some day to attend one that is out of town and overnight, but my guild is holding one June 20 and 21. Also in town and not overnight, but still lots of sewing time!

    ReplyDelete