Thursday, March 20, 2014

Radiant Crossing

My entry for the 2014 Pantone Quilt Challenge is my Barn Door QAL quilt, Radiant Crossing. When I first heard about the challenge, I raced straight down to my LQS and bought every Radiant Orchid purple they had. Then when I saw the Barn Door QAL I knew it was meant to be. Here is it finished:


This quilt finishes at 64" x 64" and was longarm quilted by my mother in purple thread! I wanted to point this out because you can't even see the purple thread on the grey fabric from a distance. It just blends into the background when competing against the bold purple hourglass. 

I must say I've never worked so hard to make all of my points meet as I have on this quilt. I decided as soon as I saw it that unless the points were perfect there was no way this stunning design was going to stand out the way it was designed to. All that effort was worth it when I first saw the nice clean line separating the purple and grey. 

Linking up to the 2014 Pantone Quilt Challenge at On the Windy Side. 

4 comments:

  1. This is really awesome! Your work on the points was really worth it. A lovely modern graphic take on radiant orchid. Thanks for playing along with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty. I have to say doing the qal was so worth it. I feel like the layout is so dramatic and I love your purple and gray.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well that is just flat out gorgeous! Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, yes those points are totally perfect! And that pristine line is so worth it. :D Beautiful quilt, and I love those violet and grey tones together!

    ReplyDelete