Saturday, February 22, 2014

The Inevitable Cat Quilt

It was inevitable, being an avid cat lover myself, that I would eventually make a cat quilt. Oh, Fransson!'s Catvent QAL was the perfect opportunity. It is only small, 30" x 35", but it was perfect for using up all those red fabric scraps in my stash.

The other advantage of the size? It's so quick to put together! Here is what one day's worth of cutting and sewing can do...


Almost two rows completely put together. Aren't they cute! I can't wait to see this one completed! I love the way that each and every cat in the quilt is unique, just like our own furry friends. Just in case you were interested, here is what I have chosen for the backing. Also very cute just by itself if you ask me :)

['Branches in Red'; Range: Mod Studio; Designer: Holli Zollinger; Manufacturer: Riley Blake Designs]

1 comment:

  1. That’s coming together so beautifully! I started working on this quilt too!

    ReplyDelete