Wednesday, January 22, 2014

WIP - 1+2 Quilt

Number 9 on my pre-quarter one list for the 2014 Finish A Long was my Cinderberry Stitches Folk Tale fabrics.


As soon as I saw it I knew it would be perfect for Samelia's Mum's 1+2 Quilt pattern. And so, giving myself the incentive of a deadline (end of March), I took advantage of a couple of free afternoons and soon my blocks were done.


Here they are. All stacked and neat and ironed. Now they are just waiting for a chance to be laid out on my floor so they can be sorted into rows.

I absolutely love this pattern! It was extremely easy to follow and quick to put together (even when I had to cut my own 10" squares). The best part about it was that it perfectly showcases these cute-as-anything fabrics and doesn't detract from their quirkiness. I cannot wait to find some more time to put the rest of this quilt top together!

Linking up at Freshly Pieced's WIP Wednesday.

2 comments:

  1. Love the Cinderberries fabric. Looking forward to seeing it in a quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the first time I've seen that fabric and it's ADORABLE!! Loving it and now must go find it. So much for trying NOT to buy fabric until have used more... I do have some fabric I could make a 1+2 quilt with so then I could easily find place for some of this. :-) Looking forward to seeing that come together!

    http://www.busyneedle.ch

    ReplyDelete