Sunday, February 2, 2014

2014 Pantone Quilt Challenge and Barn Door Quilt A-Long

 Two birds with one stone! What a better way to save time (and money) than to satisfy my desire to participate in the 2014 Pantone Quilt Challenge hosted by On The Windy Side and Play Crafts  in this years Radiant Orchid... while making the amazing and eye-catching Barn Door QAL quilt at Sarah's Quilts.

And so a trip down to my LQS Patches Indooroopilly found me these delightful fabrics to play with.


I know I am a bit behind with the Barn Door QAL. Seeing that they are already most of the way through the 6 week schedule with their completed tops due any day now. However, this is not the first time - nor will it be the last - that I have joined late to a QAL and still had a blast. Take my Garden Fence quilt for instance. That QAL was over a year ago and I am still in the cutting out stage, having just as much fun now as I would have had if I had worked to their schedule.

Fortunately though I am blessed with a deadline for this quilt, with the Pantone challenge entries due in March. Therefore it is my goal for this week to spend some quality time with the rotary cutter and get this quilt on its way towards completion! 

No comments:

Post a Comment